Thursday, January 11, 2024

Apple iCloud Login Finally Understood

Whenever I try to log into iCloud from my Chrome browser running on a mac, it has required 2 factor ID.  Every time.  I suppose that's to be expected...

But now I re-discover why logging into iCloud each time has been giving me fits, sometimes taking an hour to resolve, if I haven't given up.

When I open up iCloud in Chrome, it shows me a menu giving me just 2 options.

Manage Devices and Find Devices.

Well those weren't what I had in mind, actually.  What I wanted to do was access my photos from my computer, that's all.  And going down either choice simply leads to endless nothing.

But the problem was, that when the page opened up it was asking for two factor identification, and it was asking me to enter the code they had texted me, but the browser scrolled down to the very bottom of the dialog box, helping you to find your phone to get the code that had just been texted to you.

I don't know why the browser scrolled to the bottom of the page rather than staying at the top so I can see what's actually going on.  But it's happened to me every time (and taken a long time for me to 'remember' the problem, though I figured it out every time before, but only after a long chain of trying everything else which made it hard to remember.



No comments:

Post a Comment